Opening of Aztalan Museum in 1942
Opening of Aztalan Museum in 1942

press to zoom
Inside Aztalan Museum
Inside Aztalan Museum

press to zoom
IMG_20140523_160730_074
IMG_20140523_160730_074

press to zoom
Opening of Aztalan Museum in 1942
Opening of Aztalan Museum in 1942

press to zoom
1/14
© Copyright

Fischer's Ghost Sign Restoration

The Lake Mills Preservation Guild has been hard at work and recently received approval from the City of Lake Mills Planning Commission and the Lake Mills City Council to restore a historic "ghost sign" on one of our downtown buildings. The sign is located on the east façade of 140 East Lake Street. It is visible from Commons Park and when restored, will be a beautiful addition to the existing Lady of the Lake artwork on Ford Court.

Photos below show the fading and deterioration.  

Current Condition, June 2022

Ghost Sign.png

From LMAHS
photo archives

Interested in the history of Fischer's Store and the restoration project?

Read more and view interior photos from our archives!

Help us restore a piece of Lake Mills History

The total cost to restore the Fischer's Ghost Sign is just under $7,000. This includes all supplies, surface prep and services from a professional muralist.

LMAHS is a 501c3 charitable organization.
Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.

Upcoming Events 

Monthly LMAHS Board meetings are held on the 3rd Monday every month at 6:00 pm. The regular meeting location is Lake Mills City Hall. 

June 4th and 5th, 2022, 12:00 -4:00 pm  Opening Weekend at Museum  80th Anniversary of the Museum Site!

July 17, 2022 Aztalan Day Location: The Museum Site. More information coming soon!

October 2022 Cemetery Walk at Rock Lake Cemetery. More information to come.